Don't leave our families out in the cold!
Thurs. Feb. 16th, gather at Human Right Monument on Elgin St. at 6:00 pm
Tomorrow (Thurs. Feb. 16th) is the official launch of the Institute of Marriage & Family Canada, a new lobbying group set up by Focus on the Family, a far-right group based in the United States led by James Dobson, who advocates such views as:
* a "war" on equal marriage
* referring to abortion as "the baby holocaust"
* establishing "abstinence only" sexual health programs
* conversion therapy for gay, lesbian and bisexual people through the organization's frequent "Love Won Out" seminars
* a stance against universal child care (or many other social programs for that matter)
* to turn back the clock on equal marriage for gay, lesbian, bisexual and trans-identified people
* to use the marriage debate as a launching pad to reverse other rights and freedoms we have won for our communities
* to prevent the establishment of universal childcare programs
Join us at the Human Rights Monument, TOMORROW at 6 pm to demonstrate that Canada supports an inclusive definition of "family."
Don't leave our community out in the cold!