Thursday, March 15, 2007

Camping on inclusive ground ...

Hey everyone -- I'm back on the column-writing train, and I'm actually very excited about the one that came out today in Capital Xtra (check it). It's where my brain has been at lately -- thinking about how to incorporate feminism into a queer perspective, and how to move queer activism into a more feminist space. I feel like mainstream feminism has a lot of sins to atone for -- especially against the trans community.

So read, enjoy, discuss. And really, no offence is meant toward all of you lovely women who do attend Michfest -- I value and support the concept of women-only spaces, and I am especially encouraged by the yellow armband movement to support the inclusion of trans women at the fest.

Oh, and to read more about Deep Lez, click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ariel,

Is 'Lesbian Life' an online magazine or in print? I'd like to look up the article containing the interview with Bitch.

Any info would be great!

Ariel said...

Good question.

Click here to read the article I was referring to ...

~ nellenelle said...

Your support is appreciated!

I've tended to used the self descriptive term liberal feminist trannie dyke (though not in a while now) but first and foremost I consider myself a feminist dyke. Trans is sort of the journey to that point of crossing...

there is so much still to be done to advance the cause of equality for women, and fighting over turf inclusion just holds the lot of us back.

nelle